Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

29 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Books If You Like 'Love Actually'

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Books If You Like 'Love Actually'

I didn't have time for last week's Top Ten Tuesday, so I'm really excited to be back with a new top 10 this week! The assignment for this Tuesday was to think of 10 books you will like if you like a specific film, comic, TV show, play, etc. I didn't have to think too long about this, because I absolutely love any kind of feel-good story filled with tons of romance, just like the film 'Love Actually.' I tried to come up with 10 books I think you will definitely enjoy if you enjoyed 'Love Actually', so definitely be sure to give them a try if you're a romantic comedy fan like me! 
 


1. Ali McNamara - 'From Notting Hill With Love... Actually'


I think the title of this book already says enough, right? Ali McNamara's novels are absolutely amazing, and if you're a fan of romantic comedies you will absolutely adore this book, no doubt about it! All the film references are brilliant, and the story is just a great feel-good tale that will definitely make you smile!


2. Jimmy Rice and Laura Tait - 'The Best Thing That Never Happened To Me'


I'm reading this lovely book at the moment and it's one of my favourite reads of 2014 so far! It tells the story of best friends Holly and Alex and is a classic tale of best friends I am sure anyone who loves a bit of romance will enjoy!



3. Miranda Dickinson - 'Fairytale of New York'


When I think of romantic comedies, I automatically think of Miranda Dickinson. She's one of my favourite authors and her stories are sparkling, captivating, thoroughly enjoyable tales of romance and making your dreams come true!



4. Paige Toon - 'Pictures of Lilly'


Another amazing chick lit author and another wonderful love story! 'Pictures of Lily' is a book that has stayed with me over the years and I love re-reading it.



5. Giovanna Fletcher - 'Billy and Me'


This fabulous novel tells the story of girl-next-door Sophie May who falls in love with famous actor Billy. Trust me, the story inside is just as gorgeous as the cover! 



6. Cecelia Ahern - 'Where Rainbows End'


An enchanting tale of two best friends told only in the form of e-mails, letters, notes, and text messages. One of those books you don't want to put down and makes you continue to keep your fingers crossed it will have the happy ending you are longing for!



7. Lucy Diamond - 'Me and Mr. Jones'


A wonderful Lucy Diamond novel which tells the stories of four different women, each of them dealing with her own Mr. Jones. Such a great read and a book that will leave you with a smile on your face!



8. Ali McNamara - 'From Notting Hill to New York... Actually'


Okay, perhaps I'm cheating just a bit here, but I couldn't possibly leave out the second part of Ali McNamara's book series! This novel is just as amazing as the first one, and once again a brilliant read if you're a lover of romantic comedies like 'Love Actually'!



9. Niamh Greene - 'A Message To Your Heart'



This was one of the first novels I reviewed for this blog and a story I immediately fell in love with! Set in San Francisco, it's a great tale with tons of romance at its core.




10. Alexandra Potter - 'You're the One That I Don't Want'


Alexandra Potter is another author who has to be a part of this list, because her romantic comedy novels always manage to make me smile! This is just one of many amazing reads, so if you love this one be sure to check out her other books as well!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great list! I love Ali McNamara's Notting Hill books, and I've just finished Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter which was great, so I'll definitely be checking out You're the One that I don't Want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, thanks so much, glad you like it! 'Me and Mr. Darcy' is such a great read, I'm sure you will love Alexandra Potter's other novels as well if you enjoyed that one! :)

      Delete
  2. I adore LOVE ACTUALLY! The only ones I've read here are the Ahern title and FROM NOTTING HILL.... I'll be madly adding to my wish list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Becky! So glad to hear you love the film as much as I do; you'll love all of these books, I'm sure!

      Delete
  3. I just added your entire list to my to-read shelf on librarything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much! Really hope you will enjoy the books as much as I did, fingers crossed! :)

      Delete
  4. Look at all these dreamy novels, I can feel myself falling already. Great list.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete