Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

24 June 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Book Cover Trends I Like

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Book Cover Trends I Like

This week's Top Ten Tuesday focuses on book cover trends. I have to admit I'm not too up-to-date when it comes to trends within the world of book covers, so I decided to just focus on elements you can often find on mainly chick lit book covers and which are elements I personally love and which always help me to spot a particular novel. Which elements on a cover immediately catch your attention? I'd love to hear from you! 
 


1. London elements



London is one of my favourite places in the world, so whenever a cover includes the Big Ben or a cute London skyline, I can't help but fall in love with it!
 


2. Wedding elements



I love books about weddings, so whenever I spot a cover with a wedding/bride theme I will most likely pick up the book and get it!
 


3. Silhouettes of couples



Chick lit books are almost always about romance, and I love it when this romantic element is used on the cover by featuring a silhoutte of a couple... Love it!
 


4. Pretty fonts


 

A pretty font goes a long way, especially when it comes to book covers, if you ask me!



5. Cupcake elements



I really enjoy books about baking, cupcakes, tea shops, and love the usually yummy covers of the novels!



6. Glitter and sparkle



There's nothing like a bit of glitter and sparkle to spice up a book cover and I have to admit I definitely have a weakness for a bit of sparkle!
 


7. Christmas elements



Christmas is my favourite time of year, so it's no surprise that I also easily fall in love with book covers with a Christmas theme going on!
 


8. Lights in the darkness



I also love book covers like the Nicholas Sparks and Kristin Hannah covers above, with elements of darkness and light, fireflies, pretty lights, lanterns, etc. 
 


9. Classic leatherbound classics



I fell in love with the covers of this series of classic leatherbound classics by Barnes & Noble the first moment I saw them, and think they're absolutely gorgeous! 
 


10. Captivating colours



It's hard to ignore these covers with their absolutely stunning colours, love it!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the covers Barnes & Nobel have for classics. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete