Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

24 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 10 Favourite Heroines from Books

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Favourite Heroines from Books

Another week, another Top 10 Tuesday list! I love this week's topic, my favourite book heroines, and found it quite difficult to just come up with 10, to be honest! I often read books in which I love and can relate to the main heroine, but it was quite tricky to decide which lucky ladies would make it into my top 10 of favourites! 



1. Angela Clark from 'I Heart...'



A no-brainer. Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series is one of my favourite chick lit book series and it's difficult to not fall in love with Angela when reading the books. She's so easily loveable and crazy, I can't get enough of her adventures!


2. Jamie Sullivan from 'A Walk to Remember'



One of the book heroines I most admire has to be Jamie Sullivan from Nicholas Sparks' heartbreaking novel 'A Walk to Remember.' I admire Jamie's strength and her belief in what is right; sometimes I wish I could be a bit more like her!




3. Rachel from 'Something Borrowed'



I fell in love with this novel and its main character Rachel from the first page. Rachel finds herself in a really difficult situation, and while I don't support all of her decisions, I do understand where she's coming from and Emily Giffin just did a wonderful job writing this novel and making the readers warm to the characters.




4. Elizabeth Bennet from 'Pride and Prejudice'



Of course Elizabeth Bennet cannot be missing from this list! What's not to love about her *speaking like the big Jane Austen fan I am*?




5. Jo March from 'Little Women'



Another simply wonderful female character who has stayed with me ever since I was a little girl. I always wanted to be like Jo, and even though I still can't support her decision for not marrying Laurie (crazy girl!), she remains one of my personal favourites.




6. Hermione Granger from 'Harry Potter'



Another heroine that rightfully deserves a place on this list. Hermione is a brilliant character and I love her, full stop.




7. Claudia from 'The Twelve Dates of Christmas'



One of the funniest chick lit novels and heroines ever. Lisa Dickenson is a fabulous author and all of her book characters are so much fun and easy to love, but Claudia has to be my favourite.




8. Lizzy Spellman from 'It Had to Be You'



I read Ellie Adams' novel 'It Had to Be You' last year and it was difficult not to fall head over heels in love with main character Lizzy. She's so easy to relate to and funny; I loved her.




9. Scarlett O'Brien from 'From Notting Hill...'



Another simply amazing chick lit series is Ali McNamara's 'From Notting Hill...' series. Fans of romantic comedies will hopefully like reading about Scarlett O'Brien's adventures as much as I do. I honestly think Scarlett and I would be the best of friends if we ever met... Too bad she's just a literary character!




10. Emma Woodhouse from 'Emma'



Another Jane Austen heroine that made it into this top 10! It took me a bit of time to warm to Emma, but I've definitely come to appreciate her more and more over the years. 

Which are some of your favourite book heroines? I'd love to hear from you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about Jo! She was one of my favorites growing up. :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-favorite-heroines-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this list Jody! I hope you're well! Jo March and Emma Woodhouse made my list too! :D Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) http://emmasbookery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/top-ten-favourite-heroines.html

    ReplyDelete