Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

8 March 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Alright, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is a tricky one, if you ask me! Characters everyone loves but I just don't get... I found it really hard to come up with a total of 10 for this week's list and am really curious to see which characters made it onto other people's lists, so please be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. Katniss from 'The Hunger Games'


I don't know why but I just never warmed to Katniss. I think the series is a good series and I enjoyed reading the books, but Katniss just never did it for me. I don't even know why people actually like her..?



2. Daisy from 'The Great Gatsby'


Daisy Buchanan has to be one of the most annoying characters in literature ever. I never actually saw a film version of the book, so don't know whether she's just as annoying in the films, but boy....



3. Christian from '50 Shades of Grey'


I know a lot of women loved the character of Christian Grey, but I just didn't really warm to him. Or the books, for that matter...



4. Charlie from 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'


I guess I just never understood the meaningfulness of 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower.' I read it and neither the story or the characters managed to make an impression.



5. Hazel from 'The Fault in Our Stars'


I have to admit I'm cheating a bit here, because I've never actually read the book, only saw the film. Hazel just didn't really come across as a likeable character to me, but maybe that's just in the film version...?



6. Jodi Picoult main characters


I've never managed to find a Jodi Picoult main character that I actually liked/warmed to. Do they even exist...?



7. Frodo from 'The Lord of the Rings'


Frodo was just... I don't know, where do I start? Anyone who understands where I'm coming from here?



8. Belly from 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'


I guess this is one of the reasons why I don't read much YA; teenagers are so egoistic and don't think or worry about anything else but themselves, which also goes for Belly, the main character in 'The Summer I Turned Pretty', she just really annoyed me.



9. Tess from 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles'


I'm actually not sure if there's anyone who liked Tess? I never met anyone who actually liked her, so maybe she's just a character everyone enjoys to hate!



10. Oskar from 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'


Also probably not allowed to say this, but another book which I just never understood. The characters didn't really leave an impression, the story didn't really grab me... Just a no for me, unfortunately.

10 comments:

  1. ah, the Summer I Turned Pretty! For a really REALLY long while I was stuck on the nickname Belly (like WHAT?) but GOOD LORD. That girl cannot make up her mind and we had to suffer through over a thousand pages while she did.

    Sigh.

    Anyway, have a great weekend.

    Aditi @ http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you regarding the characters in YA, as that's one of the reasons I stopped reading YA as much as I did before. I just cannot connect with the characters, so I'd rather be reading something that I can understand. :)

    Sya @ Bookish Sya Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy and Christian are two characters that I absolutely cannot stand either. I also understand the stance on disliking Katniss, I feel like she's really polarizing, but from that series, I dislike gale the most. great list!
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the Hunger Games and while I enjoyed the books, I could not stand Katniss. She was too meh for me to every actually like her. Similarly no part of The Great Gatsby did I like. I hated the entire book.

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My juniors just finished Gatsby and we had a LONG discussion about how terrible Daisy is! You will be happy to know they agree with you. While they felt sorry for her at first because her husband was such a cheat, they all agreed she brought it upon herself! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always always preferred Sam to Frodo! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frodo is the worst! I didn't hate him in Fellowship as much, but in Tower and Return, he was just the dirt worst!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/top-ten-tuesday-47/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Christian Grey and Katniss! Haven't read the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get what you mean with Frodo - honestly I prefer movie Frodo to book Frodo. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete