Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

20 May 2016

The Reader Problems Book Tag

It's been a while since I've done a book tag, so I had a quick browse around some of the book blogs I visit and found the Reader Problems Book Tag on My Tiny Obsessions

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next? 
Haha, luckily I don't actually have 20,000 books on my TBR list, but sometimes it feels like it...! I usually have planned for myself what I need to read next in order to meet publisher/author requests for a review, but other times I just randomly decide what kind of book I want to read based on my mood (a feel-good read, a challenging read, a happy read, etc.).

2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I'm committed. I have this tick that I just can't NOT finish a book, so even if a book is boring me to tears, I finish it, even though I do skip some pages if things get too bad...! 
3. The end of the year is coming and you're so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Hmmm, if it's really that close to the end of the year I think I would just adjust my goal instead of staying up day and night to read and try to reach it. However, if I am quite close to reaching my goal and I just need to go that extra mile, I'd definitely do all I could to reach that milestone... Except for staying up all night reading, because that's just something I can't do, I get too tired too quickly, haha! 

4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I cope by buying matching ones, so I have a complete series. But I'd only do that for series I really loved, otherwise I would just learn to live with the different covers!

5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I think I would try to find a friend in real life or online who actually feels the same way I do. And if I can't find anyone, I'm afraid my boyfriend will have to accept my complaining and nod yes every few minutes!

6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Been there, done that...! I usually try to stop my tears the best I can, and if it doesn't work I try to hide them as soon as possible or stop reading for a sec, take a breather, and perhaps wait with finishing until I get home. 

7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads?
I think I would first try to find a synopsis somewhere and if I still feel I don't remember enough to start with the sequel, I'd try to read the first part again before starting on the new book... But if I was really really excited about the sequel, honestly, I think I would just dive in and hope my memory wouldn't let me down!

8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Oh, this is a tricky one. I think I would just try my best to explain to people that I'm a bit crazy like that and don't want to lend out my books because of some bad experiences in the past with people not returning my books or ruining my books...?

9. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
By picking up a novel I will definitely love and will hopefully get me back in the reading mood again. I have to admit, though, *knocks on wood*, I've never been in a reading slump, so can't speak from experience! 

10. There are so many new books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I'd probably add some to my wishlist and only get the ones I really really really can't wait to read immediately and which are decently priced and not too expensive.

11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Way, way, WAY too long... I hardly ever get to read the books I buy myself because of the many review requests I accept, so the books will most likely sit on my shelf until the summer holiday, when I always only read books I've picked myself and don't have to review.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute tag! I can't believe you've never been in a reading slump..Go you! I'm a little strange in that I won't buy books unless I'm sure that I will read the book more than once and I've enjoyed it, so I don't think the last problem applies...but I'm so bad with reading books I've borrowed in time!
    Great post!
    Kate @Read and Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm still waiting for my first reading slump to hit me... *knocks on wood*! Thanks for stopping by, Kate!

      Delete