Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

7 June 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Reasons I Love Chick Lit

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Reasons I Love Chick Lit

I've been a big chick lit fan for years now and during this time I've had the pleasure of reading books within all kinds of book genres, but at the end of the day I always come back to my beloved chick lit novels. I love everything about this genre, so I decided this week's Top Ten Tuesday would be a good opportunity to explain why I love chick lit so much and why it will probably continue to be my favourite genre to read for many more years to come!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. The feel-good factor

Life can be pretty crap at times, and I love being able to pick up a book that will undoubtedly make me smile and feel better again.



2. The happy endings

As the title of my blog already suggests, I am a bit of a sucker for happy endings. There are already so many unhappy endings in the real world, so why would I want to read a book or see a film that has an unhappy ending as well? No, it's strictly happy endings for me, and I think chick lit is a genre in which a happy ending is almost always guaranteed.



3. The romance


I love a good dose of romance and chick lit novels are often filled with it. I don't mind whether it's cheesy or not... Sometimes a bit of cheese is just what a girl needs! <3



4. The gorgeous book covers

Modern-day chick lit novels have the BEST book covers. I could fill my entire home with all the book covers I've fallen in love with over the past couple of years and each month new covers can be added to that list.



5. The relatable heroines


I love the great heroines that play the leading roles in chick lit novels. Some of them make me smile, others I find myself rooting for instantly, others I can really relate to... They're a great bunch!



6. The lovely groups of secondary characters

It's not just the leading ladies, though. Most chick lit novels also have a great and supporting group of secondary characters, from the caring mother, to the hilarious best friend, to the annoying arch enemy.



7. The handsome and charming men

Do I really need to say more?



8. The escapism


I love being able to pick up a book and just escape reality completely for a few hours, and that is exactly what chick lit can do.



9. The great community

I've met so many great and lovely people over the last couple of years; other chick lit fans, chick lit authors, chick lit book bloggers, people from publishers promoting chick lit... It's really a great community with a lot of friendly and wonderful people.



10. The book-to-film adaptations

As a lover of chick lit I am also a big fan of chick flicks, I can't get enough of them! I love that there are many book-to-film adaptations which I can watch over and over again.

3 comments: