Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

21 June 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Favourite 2016 Releases So Far This Year

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Favourite 2016 Releases So Far This Year

Last week's Top Ten Tuesday list focused on upcoming 2016 releases which I am really excited about, but it's a good thing that this week we get the chance to also look back at what the first half of the year has already brought us. I think 2016 has been a great year so far when it comes to books, and there are still quite a number of exciting recently released titles on my TBR-list. Below you'll find 10 books that have been released over the last 6 months and which all received a 5 star review from me, so definitely worth picking up! :)

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'The Lonely Hearts Travel Club: Destination Thailand' - Katy Colins


One of the first books I read this year and one that definitely surprised me with its amazingness. Since then I've also read the second part in Katy Colins' series, 'Destination: India' and it's just as brilliant as this first part.



2. 'The Birthday That Changed Everything' - Debbie Johnson


I love Debbie Johnson. Her writing is amazing and I was so excited to finally read her first full-length novel at the start of this year. The book was even better than I hoped it would be and made me fall in love with Debbie even more.



3. 'Wickham Hall' - Cathy Bramley


Cathy Bramley is undoubtedly one of my favourite chick lit authors of the moment. After 'Ivy Lane' and 'Appleby Farm' I couldn't wait to read 'Wickham Hall', which is probably my favourite Cathy Bramley novel up until now.



4. 'The Trouble with Emma' - Katie Oliver


Katie Oliver released her series 'The Jane Austen Factor' this year and 'The Trouble with Emma' was the second instalment. I really love Katie's style and how she transformed Austen's classics into great contemporary chick lit reads. Loved it!



5. 'The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart' - Anna Bell


I was really excited when I found out Anna Bell was treating us to another one of her lovely books this year. 'The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart' definitely lived up to my expectations and has been one of my favourite reads of 2016 so far.



6. 'Sleepless in Manhattan' - Sarah Morgan


Another great romance author that I discovered last year and I've been loving her work ever since. Sarah Morgan released the first part of her new three-part series earlier this year and it was a fantastic read.



7. 'The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper' - Phaedra Patrick


This book was one of the biggest surprises of 2016 for me. I had no idea what to expect but couldn't help but fall in love with protagonist Arthur Pepper.



8. 'The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea' - Jane Linfoot


I recently read Jane Linfoot's latest release and really loved it. It's also the first part of a new series and I already can't wait for the next instalment!



9. 'Novelista Girl' - Meredith Schorr


Meredith Schorr is a great new chick lit author and 'Novelista Girl' is the sequel to her great debut novel 'Blogger Girl.' Once again a fabulous read and I can't wait to read more of her work in the upcoming years!



10. 'Four Weddings and a Fiasco' - Catherine Ferguson


I only just finished this novel and it definitely deserved a place on this week's Top 10 list. Catherine Ferguson has delivered a fantastic romantic comedy read which I really enjoyed.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of any of these before! They do seem to have a theme with the covers though! :)

    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope there's something in there you might enjoy as well, Stacy! And I love the covers, haha! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Jody, you always have the best lists of chick lit! Just spent a good 20 minutes on GoodReads reading the summaries for most of these books :) Thanks for sharing!

    My TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.com/2016/06/21/top-10-tuesday-favorite-2016-releases-so-far/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Jane, that's lovely to hear! :) Hope you'll enjoy some of these reads as much as I did!

      Delete