Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

13 August 2016

Reading Habits Book Tag!

Time for another book tag and this time it's one all about my personal reading habits! I think every book fan has their own habits and pecularities when it comes to reading and buying/sharing books, so I love checking out the answers from other book blogger and readers to these questions. Be sure to leave your link in the comments if you decide to take part in the fun of this book tag as well!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Most of my reading is done on the train on my commute to work. However, whenever I read at home I either read in bed (before I go to sleep or after I've woken up) or in a comfy chair in my living room next to a window.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Definitely a book mark, but if I don't have one on me I always prefer a piece of paper to actually folding the pages. I used to do that when I was younger and while I do think it makes a book look 'read' I prefer to not damage the pages of the books I own... I can't help it!
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
While I prefer to stop after a chapter, so I can start with a completely new one when I pick up my book again, this just doesn't always work the way I want it to. Sometimes I need to quickly get off the train or bus I'm in, or someone interrupts my reading... And I have to say I can just stop reading and continue where I left off within a few hours without any problems.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I often drink a cup of tea while reading.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Preferably not, but I sometimes do read while watching something on TV I don't necessarily want to watch with 100% attention.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Without even the slightest bit of a doubt: one book at a time. I just can't read more than one at once, I just can't.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere <3 I never leave the house without a book or my Kindle because you never know where you might end up or what might happen...!
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Occassionally I like to read out loud, when I feel like it and when I'm alone at home, but overall I read silently in my head.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
No. I used to read ahead, but I don't do it anymore because it only ruins the reading experience.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I'd really like to keep my books like new, but I also want to read them, haha! Luckily breaking the spine doesn't bother me, it just shows the book has been read and enjoyed.

11. Do you write in your books?
No, I never do and I also wouldn't want other people to... Except for a friendly/lovely message at the front of the book, that's OK, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment