Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

18 October 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Characters I'd Name A Child After

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Characters I'd Name A Child After

Oh, this week's Top Ten Tuesday is a nice one, but also one that got me thinking! I'm not really the type that already had the names of her future kids picked out when she was just a kid herself. Of course I've thought of it, but it's not something I've spent a lot of time thinking about. The discussion I had with myself for today's list was: do I pick names based on literary characters I would be proud to name my children after, or pick names that I like, no matter what character they were linked to? In the end, it became a bit of a mix, I couldn't help it...!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. Elizabeth/Darcy - 'Pride and Prejudice


I love 'Pride and Prejudice' and would love to name one of my children after a Jane Austen character. However, I also really love the names 'Elizabeth' and 'Darcy', so it's a win win...!



2. Harry - 'Harry Potter'

It would be an honour for a kid to be named after 'Harry Potter', I think; one of the greatest literary characters of all time, if you ask me! I've always really liked the name Harry as well, especially for a little boy. The Dutch pronunciation of the name is quite horrible, though, so hmmm....



3. Waverley - 'The Joy Luck Club'

If I'm completely honest I don't even really remember Waverley's role exactly in this novel, but I've always remembered the pretty name...!



4. Lou - 'Me Before You'

Lou is one of those female characters that will stay with me for time to come. I just loved her quirkyness and how she fell for Will 100%... I'd love to name my daughter after her.



5. Dorothy - 'The Wizard of Oz'


Can't help it, but love the name Dorothy and 'The Wizard of Oz'! <3



6. Josephine - 'Little Women'

I would 100% call my daughter Josephine if it wasn't so similar to my own name. I have a colleague who's named Josephine, so I now see everyday how often it can be kind of confusing having both of our names in the same office... Let alone having a kid having a similar name. But still, gorgeous name and a lovely character to be named after.



7. Arthur - 'The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper'

I really liked Arthur in this novel and Arthur is a nice British name for a guy, I think; classic and great.



8. Frederick - 'Persuasion'

The romantic in me just loves the name Frederick (Freddie for short) and would love a son that would end up to be just as romantic as Austen's Frederick Wentworth <3



9. Alice - 'Alice in Wonderland'


Cute name and I'd love a kid with such a big imagination!



10. Dawn - 'The Babysitters Club'

I've always loved the name Dawn. She wasn't my favourite Babysittersclub character, but always had a soft spot for the name and that never went away...!

No comments:

Post a Comment