Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

15 November 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Rom-Coms!

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Rom-Coms

I love chick lit and I love chick flicks. If I need a pick-me-up or something that will leave me with a smile on my face, I know that either a romantic book or film won't let me down. This week's Top Ten Tuesday is all about films, and I decided to go with my favourite genre: romantic comedies. As I was thinking of some of my favourite films I quickly realised I really had to narrow it down to romantic comedy films, so not include Nicholas Sparks films (which I love, but can't really be described as rom-coms) and no musicals/doubtful musical romantic films (how would you describe 'Pitch Perfect'? Probably not a rom-com, right?)... So, check out my top 10 favourites below, but be aware, this might have changed by the time Tuesday is actually here...!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Love Actually'


I think that GIF just says it all, really. No, honestly, if you've never seen this film, please go out and make sure you see it one way or another, because you're really missing out on something pretty amazing here.



2. 'She's The Man'


I love this film; this really is Amanda Bynes at her very best, and so incredibly funny.



3. '50 First Dates'


Such a lovely story and I just love Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore together; this film really has that magic touch a rom-com needs, if you ask me!



4. 'New Year's Eve'


Filled with tons of great romantic stories brought together in a brilliant way... And Zac Efron.



5. 'You've Got Mail'


A true classic <3



6. 'Notting Hill'


And another absolute must-see; oh, I love this one!



7. '10 Things I Hate About You'


My favourite film when I was a teenager and still one of my favourite rom-coms of all time, with a great soundtrack as well.



8. 'Something Borrowed'


An example of a great film adaptation of a great book.



9. 'The Holiday'


Great cast, great story, great film.



10. 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' 


I was really doubting between this one and '27 Dresses', but decided in the end to go with this one because it's got a great story and I really loved it the first time I saw it.

2 comments:

  1. oooo some of my faves here!!! You've Got Mail is on my list this week too :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carrie, it seems like you've got great taste! ;-)

      Delete