Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

24 December 2016

Festive Christmas Book Tag!

I can't believe it's actually the 24th of December which means Christmas is almost here! I'm on the one hand excited, but on the other hand also a bit sad that Christmas is here, because that means before we know it this lovely time of year will be over again...! However, no time to focus on that right now; it's time for some Christmas fun with this Festive Christmas Book Tag that I found on Reader Rayna
1. A fictional family you would like to spend Christmas dinner with.
There are quite a few fictional families I'd love to have Christmas dinner with, but if I have to pick just one I think I'm going to go with the March family from Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women.' They know what the true holiday spirit is all about and I think I would get along really well with all of the sisters.
2. A bookish item you would like to receive as a gift.
I actually stumbled upon this candle I found on Etsy the other day; it's a candle by Form & Flux that is supposed to smell like an enchanted library... I'm really curious to see what the candle exactly smells like, so would love to get it as a gift.

3. A fictional character you think would make the perfect Christmas elf?
Dobby from the 'Harry Potter' series. He's a house elf already, so the cross-over to Christmas elf shouldn't be too tricky!
4. Match a book to its perfect Christmas song.
Well... Emma Hannigan's novel 'Driving Home for Christmas' really fits the song 'Driving Home for Christmas' by Chris Rea. The whole family is coming together for Christmas, and this continues to be one of my favourite Christmas reads of all time.
5. Bah Humbug: a book or fictional character you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the Naughty List.
I was quite disappointed with Lorelei Mathias' 'Reader, I Dumped Him', which was released quite early in 2016. I was quite excited about the book, based on it's description and lovely book cover, but it really wasn't the read I expected it to be.
6. A book or fictional character you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserves to be put on the Nice List.
That has to be Kimberley Long in Meredith Schorr's 'Blogger Girl' series. She really is one of my favourite chick lit heroines and she deserves some more attention from the chick lit world, if you ask me.

7. Red, Gold, and Green: a book cover that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it.
Two of my favourite 2016 Christmas covers are Holly Martin's 'Christmas Under a Starlit Sky' and 'All I Want for Christmas' by Jenny Hale.

8. A book or series you love so much that you want everyone to find it under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too.
'Harry Potter' for those people who haven't read it yet, and Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series for any chick lit fan out there who haven't been introduced to Lindsey Kelk yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment