Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

10 February 2017

The Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag

People always say you should never judge a book by its cover. But I have to admit I am one of those people who just can't help it! When I see a pretty or colourful cover that immediately attracts my attention, it just makes me want to pick up the book that little bit more... Let's not lie about it! So, when I stumbled upon this book tag which was created by Book Syrup on Youtube, I knew I had to take part in it!

1. Best color combo on a book cover


I really love these pastel colours together; the green and the pink... Gorgeous.

2. Best typography/font on a book cover


Love the font and how the title immediately attracts your attention <3

3. Best simple cover


Quite simple, nothing too exciting, but so effective; love this cover.

4. Best endpages


Actually had to look one up because I have hardly any books myself that have pretty features like this, but I'd love to have a copy of this 'Northanger Abbey' version!

5. Best map


I hardly ever read a book that includes an actual map, to be honest...! However, there's this classic Winnie the Pooh map which always makes me smile and think back to when I was a little girl.

6. Best naked hardback


Once again something I had to really search the Internet for, but I found a Jane Austen hardback I love; really simple but classic and just lovely.

7. Best back cover


I've always loved this 'Wizard of Oz' cover. The back portrays the Cowardly Lion, and even though he's crying the image is just so spot-on and always makes me smile.

8. Best chapter headers


Definitely 'Harry Potter'...!

9. Best illustrations


I can't give one specific example, but I've always loved the slightly old-fashioned classic illustrations, like this one from 'Emma.'

10. Best spine


This 'Little Women' one is just amazing, I had to include it in this book tag!

11. Favorite cover on your shelves


This continues to be one of my all-time favourite covers. It's just so pretty <3

No comments:

Post a Comment