Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

21 February 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I Loved More Than I Thought I Would

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Books I Loved More Than I Thought I Would

I've skipped Top Ten Tuesday a few weeks in a row because the assignments for the past weeks just didn't really work well for me, but I'm back with a great top 10 list to share with all of you, if I may say so myself! I immediately liked this week's topic, because I think we all know that feeling of having certain expectations before you pick up a particular novel, and how amazing it is when the book turns out to exceed all those expectations you had... I had a look at some of the books I've read the past year or so and picked out 10 that I ended up loving more than I initially thought I would; check out the overview below!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Destination Thailand' - Katy Colins



When I received a review copy of this novel I already hoped I would end up enjoying it, but I had no idea how much I would fall in love with Katy Colins' writing and this series... You must check it out if you're a chick lit fan because you're definitely missing out on something good!





2. 'The Mating Season' - Laurie Horowitz



When I was asked to review several 'Bookshots', I was curious to give this genre of quick, short and fast-paced reads a chance. However, I didn't expect to really love some of the novellas, like 'The Mating Season', which is simply great read.




3. 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' - J.K. Rowling & others



I think we all had different kinds of expectations when this story was released last year. However, I have to say, I ended up loving it. I was afraid it would not be able to match the other Harry Potter books, but I really fell in love with this story in its own way.




4. 'The Trouble with Emma' - Katie Oliver



As a big Jane Austen fan I am always curious to find out what other authors decide to do with her classic novels. Luckily, Katie Oliver only exceeded my expectations with her adaptations and she has become one of my favourite Austen authors of the moment.




5. 'Fooling Around with Cinderella' - Stacy Juba



I had no idea what I was going to be in for when I started this particular novel I was asked to review, but I ended up loving it; such a great read that completely surprised me with its amazingness!




6. 'How to Get Ahead in Television' - Sophie Cousens



Same with this one; when I picked it up I already thought I would like it, but it turned out to be so much better than I initially thought.




7. 'The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper' - Phaedra Patrick



I wasn't really sure what to make of this one when I was asked to review, but I quickly got lost in the story and didn't want it to ever end; another unexpected fantastic read.




8. 'Missing Pieces' - Heather Gudenkauf



I'm usually not a big fan of thrillers, but this read blew me away.




9. 'Twilight' - Stephenie Meyer



I actually saw the film before I read the book. I really liked the film, but was blown away by the book.




10. 'The Help' - Kathryn Stockett

Wasn't really sure about what to expect with this one at first, but once again a novel that managed to blow me away and became one of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment