Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

11 April 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 of the Most Unique Books I've Read

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Of The Most Unique Books I've Read

I'm back with a lovely Top Ten Tuesday list this week; this Tuesday we're focusing on unique books. I had a good think about this, because I usually am a reader that goes for books I know I will enjoy, or at least reads I wouldn't necessarily call 'unique.' However, over the years I've had the pleasure of reading and reviewing so many different titles that I'm sure there must be a few original ones in there, so check out my list below!



1. 'Harry Potter' series - J.K. Rowling



I think the 'Harry Potter' novels are definitely unique because since I read this series I've never come across a series that managed to blow me away in the same way as these books did....!



2. 'The Book of Tomorrow' - Cecelia Ahern



I think Cecelia Ahern is one of those authors that really has her own unique writing style. She always adds a touch of magic to her stories, which make her stories easily recognisable, and unlike anything else, in my opinion.



3. 'The Complete Persepolis' - Marjane Satrapi



I had to read this book at university and it's one of the few reads that really made an impression and has stayed with me. I hardly ever read any graphic novels, which is why this one probably made this list, but I do feel it is quite original and worth the read.



4. 'Something Borrowed' - Emily Giffin



This book might be just like any other chick lit novel to some readers, but to me it's one of the only reads in which I actually somehow kind of 'approved' cheating. I always have a problem with any form of cheating/adultery, but this novel really convinced me and it's still one of my favourite books.



5. 'Me Before You' - Jojo Moyes



In my eyes also a unique read because it's one of the only incredibly popular novels that actually managed to live up to the hype. It took me a really long time to finally check out this novel and when I did, I understood what all the fuss was about, and completely understood the big hype around this particular novel.



6. 'No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday' - Tracy Bloom



Another read which I'm sure not many people will call 'unique', but it is to me. I hardly ever laugh out loud while reading, but I just couldn't stop with this book. Tracy Bloom is a genius, and her writing is so incredibly funny... I love it. 




7. 'The Seasoning' - Manon Steffan Ros



A great and touching read, unlike anything else I've ever read.




8. 'The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper' - Phaedra Patrick



Same as the book above; isn't like any other novels I've read and a simply lovely original read.




9. 'The Dress' - Jane L. Rosen



I loved how this author managed to use one specific object and have it come back in multiple storylines, all of them just as captivating. Quite impressive and quite unique in my eyes!




10. Any Nicholas Sparks book



Because there really are no love stories that manage to captivate me just like his ones do <3

No comments:

Post a Comment